Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Limey And Spicy!

Evening corgi readers! It's been a few days, but dinner tonight was super fantastic!

Chicken is a versatile food, one I actually have personal experience with, for once. A lot of my super tasty food is made from chicken, and I think I like it, though my food looks like little round pellets. It's weird watching Momma and Daddy eat stuff that isn't round and pellety. Take a look! This is the chicken with lime and Italian seasoning marinating in the olive oil:

The chicken got all infused with the lovely flavor of the limes and the basils and the oreganos and it all came together so wonderfully. Daddy marinated the chicken at room temperature for about 20 minutes, which gave the raw chicken time to soak up all the flavors


The chicken cooking made the whole house smell of lime and basil, and it drifted out all the way to the patio where I was maxin and relaxin all cool, shootin some b-ball out by the pool. I could see a couple of guys who were up to no good, and they started makin trouble in my... oh wait, that's the Fresh Prince. I was just gnawing on my bone. 



Once the chicken was done Momma and Daddy mixed it with brown rice, and it was divine! The chicken was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. It was tart and savory, and all in all an A+.
Momma got to go to her first ReadUP school today, and it was a really interesting experience. She saw how the tutoring works, and is now even more excited to start tutoring! And hey! It's tiny me! Look how small I used to be when I was a baby puppy!

1 comment: